Sep 14, 2012
Top 3 Useful Tips for SEO Beginners
SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website in a search engine's organic search results. Generally, when a website is listed on the first page of a search engine such as Google, the greater number of visitors they'll receive. Understanding the basics of SEO can greatly impact the success of your website and number of hits you get. By following these three basic tips, you can improve your ranking and get a greater amount of traffic to your website.
You might also be interested in reading following SEO articles :
- Basic SEO Tips and Tricks
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Cheatsheet
- Secret Benefits of Search Engine Optimization
- The Benefits Of Search Engine Optimization
- Understanding SEO Correlation v/s Causation
1. Create Original ContentWhen the search engine spiders are crawling your website's content, they are extremely partial to originality. This means that re-posting articles from other websites is going to do nothing for you. When it comes to driving traffic to your website, content is king and you have to make sure what you're writing is relevant to the industry you're in.
Make a goal of writing topic-focused articles that are between 400-700 words, include keywords and add a meta description that is 165 characters or less. Another great tactic is using your keyword phrase in the title of your post. Clear topic-focused titles create an easier re-distribution for readers to post your content on their networks.
Breaking content up into small paragraphs is another tip to follow when writing for your page. Readers online have the tendency to scan rather than actually read, so by breaking up your thoughts into small sections it allows readers to focus more than they would if you had a few long paragraphs.
Read also :
- 6 Types of Content That Increase Website Traffic
- Why Guest Posting Is Good For SEO
- 5 Reasons to Don't Get Banned by Google
- 8 Top Features To Make Your Blog Fully Functional
- 5 Best Ways To Increase Website Traffic
2. KeywordsWhen writing posts, your goal should be to solve your readers problems and be a thought leader in your industry. Focus on keywords that your target audience is searching for and from this point, you will be able to attract targeted readers to your site who could potentially become customers.
A great tool to use when looking into what people are searching for is the Google keyword tool or Copyblogger keyword research tool. Once you're familiar with what your audience is searching for, you can build those keywords into your post. Remember to be careful, search engines don't like keyword stuffing, so don't go overboard when inserting keywords into your articles.
Read also :
- How To Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts
- Importance Of Post Title Limit In Search Engines
- Traffic Travis: A Free SEO Keyword Software
3. LinksIt's proven that search engines take into account how many links are following your post and site. The more links you have, the more credible you appear to a search engine and you'll receive more traffic from searches.
In order to earn links back to your site, it's important that you distribute your posts to all of your social media networks and news sites, create guest posts, continually add new content and link to yourself.
Read also :
- Why Buying Links is Banned and How To Remain Search Engine Friendly
- 6 Initial Link Building Strategies for New Sites
- How To Tag External Links As NoFollow
Distributing posts across social networks is one of the easiest ways to earn linkbacks. You can actually even set it up so your content is automatically distributed. Guest posting allows you to get in front of a completely new audience, and you'll earn a link back from a site that may be more established than your own. Be creative and engaging to catch people's attention, especially when writing your bio.
For the newbie in the SEO world, it may appear to be daunting, especially when there's so much information out there on how to start. By following the tips above, you will be able to easily optimize your website for better traffic and a higher ranking in search engines.
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).