Jun 4, 2012
Top 5 Essential Website Design Trends for 2012
1. Responsive Interface DesignPeople use more mobile browsers, tablets and apps today more than desktop computers and laptops. Accordingly, developers must now use fluid images designed to accommodate various screen sizes across a plethora of smartphones and mobile devices. Experts agree that changes in responsive interface design are just the beginning of a long list of things to come in the future of website design.
- How To Design a SEO-friendly Website?
- Top Five Tips to Build a Mobile-Friendly Website
- 12 Best WordPress Mobile Plugins for Websites
2. Oversized Images and HeadersThe use of oversized images and headers on homepages and general web pages is undoubtedly growing in 2012. Oversized images and headers grab the attention of the viewer and are thus a quickly growing element of website design. Web designers now use oversized images as a background or to highlight certain content. Oversized images work great across various industries including fashion, apparel, food and entertainment.
4. Social Media Sharing ButtonsSocial media is growing at a relentless pace. Social media has become such an essential website design element that websites from all industries now need sharing buttons. Social media buttons make it easy for users to share the content of a website, which in turn improves the chances of content going viral across the internet. Web designers should choose more than just Facebook and Twitter social media sharing buttons. Although these are the two powerhouse social media platforms, additional platforms exist including Pinterest and Google+ that are designed for the same viral and networking purposes.
- Create Own Social Sharing Widget Using Sharrre
- Mashable Like Social Subscription Widget for Blogger
- Excellent Slide Open Heart Bookmarking Gadget
5. Infusion of CSS3 and HTML 5Flash was once a popular website design element but mobile compatibility issues have made it outdated. Flash is also a problem for search engines as Google, Bing and others don't bother to read it. CSS3 and HTML5 are not stark replacements for Flash but many web designers are gradually adopting these as the main web development languages. Web designers use CSS3 and HTML 5 enthusiastically for creating websites as these offer increased flexibility for mobile devices.
- HTML5 Cheat Sheets For Web Designers
- 10 Most Interesting New HTML5 Tags
- New HTML5 is Off and Running
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).