May 10, 2012
How Your Hosting Account Affects Website SEO
Did you know that something as simple as the wrong type of hosting can affect your SEO? Google and other search engines use specific algorithms to rank webpages, and your hosting might be causing you to end up with a lower ranking than you really deserve. However, there are specific things you can do to ensure you get better ranking and maintain it. It all starts with the foundation of your website, your hosting account.
Choosing a Hosting Account for the Best SEOWhen you choose your hosting account, you want to do so with search engine optimization (SEO) in mind. This requires you to understand the affect your hosting account can have on the overall SEO. There are a few things you need to be aware of before you move forward with the hosting you think is right for you.
1. Speed MattersThe major thing that will affect your ranking is the amount of time it takes for your webpages to load. If they load slowly, the search engines will not rank you as high. This can also cost you visitors as they will leave your website and go to a competitor if it takes too long to load. If you choose the wrong hosting, you will end up with very slow load times.
Shared hosting is the slowest, but doesn't have to be. If you use a content management system, like WordPress, you can use plug-ins to help speed up your website. In addition, if you choose a hosting company that doesn't overload their servers, you won't have to worry about the load times being too slow. I recommend you to read following articles for improving website speed and selecting desired hosting for your site.
- 23 Excellent WordPress Plugins to Improve & Optimize Website Performance
- 10 Excellent Web Services to Monitor Websites Uptime
- Why Web Hosting Still Important For Your Blog?
- 10 Best Web Hosting Providers For Websites
2. Security MattersThe other big thing that hosting can cause is blacklisting. If you don't get secure hosting, your website could get hacked. If a hacker installs malicious software on your site, then you will get blacklisted, and you will lose any ranking you had on any of the search engines. This is like taking apart your website and you don't want this. Make sure the hosting you choose comes from a reputable company that offers upgrades for the security. If you use a content management system, you can use specific plug-ins to help, but the hosting company itself should also offer you security for your website. To improve you website security you must have read below article.
- Read also : 10 WordPress Security & Firewall Plugins
3. Provided ToolsAnother thing that can affect your SEO when choosing a hosting company are the tools they provide for you. Some companies give you tools to help you track your SEO and improve it. You want these types of tools, which are usually listed under "webmaster tools". They will help you gain better ranking with your webpages.
learning more about SEO.
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).