May 11, 2012
7 Best Tips For Selling and Buying Website
Website flipping is the process of creating, improving, selling and buying a website. The world flipping has been used for defining this process because it has been derived from real industry where dealers invest in a piece of property, remodel it in order to enhance its value and then sell it off to the highest bidder. Site flipping is somewhat familiar to this process with the only difference being that it involves the virtual world. The best thing about selling buying web pages is that you need not make huge initial investments. You simply have to invest $30 to $90 and you can easily generate as much as $5000 if you proceed towards the correct direction.
- Read also: How To Sell and Buy Website Using - Flippa
1. Purchasing a WebsiteFirst of all, users must understand that purchasing a site is totally different from buying a domain name or a hosting space. Don’t confuse the terms web pages and domain with each other. The term domain refers to web address and hosting space refers to a service that leases you space to run a site. Thus, when you’re purchasing a domain or a hosting package, you’re purchasing the initial components of the sites. Thereafter, you’ve to create a web page around it. On the other hand, purchasing a complete site means you’re acquiring a well-structured, maintained and high ranking site from a buyer. You can differentiate between these processes if you check out comprehensive guides.
2. Potential PlatformsNext, most users look for potential platforms where they can easily get a readymade website. If you go through couple of blogs, you’ll come across several forums and sites where and bizbuysell.com and buysellwebsite.cometc. that let you grab the best deals. Although these might be the most popular platforms on internet still, users have to do some initial research on their ranking and reliability. You can do so if you seek public opinion which is only possible if you search for relevant matter on discussion threads.
3. Tempting PlatformThere are some auction websites that are widely used as a tempting platform for sale. These auction sites are used by plenty of designers that design web pages and sell them in bulk. Selling and purchasing websites is a complicated process. If you’re doing it for the first time, learn from others’ experiences. Check out how others are purchasing websites, what are the legal processes involved in it and what all measures you should take.
4. Check a Website Genuine or NotMost of the times, innocent entrepreneurs fall prey to deception of cunning hoaxers that pose as legitimate vendors. Thus, they end up losing a considerably large sum of money. Originality of website is a genuine issue. Several con artists use black hat SEO techniques to enhance site ranking and sell these web pages to other. After some time, these sites are blocked and black-listed by users. Therefore users must get familiar with possible website sale scams to avoid losing money.
5. Buying Websites on InstallmentsRecently, an interesting concept known as “buying websites on installments or escrow” has become popular in the market. If you acquire a web page on installments, your rights as a buyer are secure and there are fewer possibilities of you being cheated by others. Sites like SafeFunds.com, Escrow.com and Sedo.com offer these options. You should search for more information on this process if you want to save your precious bucks.
6. Check Website RequirementSometimes, users are not familiar with the technical aspects of a site and they end up buying a site at a price much higher than its original cost. Additionally, sometimes you acquire a “cheap” site which fails to meet your requirements. Hence, it is essential for fresher to acquire some info on the technical services and their genuine market prices.
7. Competitive MarketPresently, a cut-throat competitive atmosphere exists in the digital world. Designers compete with each other to propose lucrative offers so as to attract customers. Buyers can acquire information on discount deals and free offers if they wish to reap additional profits.
The internet is a vast sea of knowledge with comprehensive information on all topics. Now that you are familiar with the important aspects of website flipping, you can refine your searches by looking for data on these 7 topics. Once you acquire all this info, you can successfully choose a site for sale.
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).