May 13, 2012
6 Best Social Media Sites You Never Heard Of
Some of these sites are very niche, but isn't that the point of social media? These social media sites are all about going where your consumers are. After reading this article you should be able to expand your social media presence and utilize some of the underused social media sites on the web today.
1. Etsy.comEtsy is a hub for DIY, small business entrepreneurs, and creative types. It is essentially a giant social networking site that includes individual storefronts for its users. If you are a business that can capitalize on this kind of demographic, Etsy is a gold mine. Users on Etsy are incredibly friendly and they enjoy purchasing each other's goods. It is a very well connected and supportive demographic.
2. Meetup.comMeetup is a fantastic little social networking site that brings the power of online social media and combines it with the power of offline networking. Meetup offers a place for individuals to promote their networking events. There are all sorts of networking events taking place with Meetup. You don't have to simply be a social media, digital media, or online business to take advantage of this social media site. Some of the organizations on Meetup include dog lovers, car enthusiasts, sports fans etc. This is a great site to get on if you are interested in connecting with people of all types and varieties.
3. SocialVibe.comSocialVibe allows users to connect with brands and help them to contribute funds to certain causes. You could think of it as crowd sourcing for fund raising. If you are a brand, particularly a brand involved in social entrepreneurship, this is a site for you.
4. Ravelry.comRavelry is an incredibly niche site, it is mostly for users who are involved in knitting, crocheting, or weaving, but don't let this stop you from getting involved in this community. If you are someone who relies on mommy bloggers or if mommy bloggers are your demographic then obviously you need to be on the site.
5. MyChurch.orgMyChurch is a fascinating social media site for several reasons. You don't necessarily have to be a religious to see the value of this site. Church's represent well connected communities and if you are able to turn an individual who spends time on this social network into an advocate for your business, you are essentially exponentially growing your consumer- base. This is certainly a site to look at.
6. Meetin.orgMeetin site is similar Meetup, but the meetings that are generated using this site are meant more for entertainment purposes. If you have always wanted to wine and dine a few clients, this is a good place to find some of those clients. It is also a great place to find people who are interested in trying out entertainment activities.
For example, if you are a movie theater or a restaurant, you can organize a meeting at Meetin.org that will invite people to come down and try you out.
By branching out, and not relying so much on the big social media sites, you can essentially become a big fish in a little pond. Finding more niche social media sites also allow you to connect with customers on their level and on their terms. So check some of these sites out today.
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).