May 1, 2012
10 Ways to Choose Perfect Niche Topic for Your Blog
The niche of a blog is the main theme of a blog while the whole idea exists in the blog posts. If you are willing to build a business around the blogging, you have to create many blogs with niche blogging. You might be face confusion that is it good to create one blog with many categories or create many blogs. Another confusion is that how to choose the niche topics for the blogs. However, with this article you will be satisfied with both of your confusions.
What is Niche?Niche Blogging is basically creating your blog mainly in only one topic, for example if you create a blog about “Blogger Tricks” then it is the name of your niche topic of your Blog, you should not add “News” related articles or “Sports” related articles.
Usually having a “Niche” blog will have a higher “SEO” rank because they are focused on one theme only instead of various topics, this means that Search Engines will most likely find your website or Blog faster and easier because of the keywords used in your site.
Mots of the time “Niche” Blogs will have very specified adds, once again lets have a look at the last example, if you have a cooking blog, the adds that appear on it will be always related to the “Niche” of your blog.
1. Identify your topic of interestIt is true that a professional bloggers can be successful if they write on the topics of their interest. There is no use of creating a blog with the topics you are not interested in. Because when you create a blog you need to give it time and if the topic don’t match your interest you can’t work more on it. Blogging needs time and dedication and if the topic suits your interest you can work dedicatedly on it. It reflects interest and passion on the topic. In order to select your own area of interest ask a simple question to yourself, whether you will be able to produce numerous articles on that particular topic ten years down the line. If your answer is yes, then go for the topic and your blog will be surely successful one day.
2. Your knowledge and inclinationWhile writing blog post you should have a depth knowledge and quick research skill for writing them. For example you are commerce student and you may like to blog related to account niche. Those who are trying for any new niche, I Would like to suggest to spend more hours to gather information about the niche. Know the people who are already running blogs with similar niche.
3. Niche ProfitabilityOnce you are done with the good niche topic to work. The next is to find out how profitable it is on that niche. You need to conduct many research for calculating the profit. For that first you find the related keywords through Google keyword tool and look at the number of searches performed for those keywords. After that, make a list of popular blogs and collect data like page rank, monthly page visits, etc. about them, in order to get more visitors you need to do marketing of your blog on internet. I recommend you to read following articles.
- How To Make Money From Niche Blogs
- 6 Effective Blog Promotion Techniques
- Internet Marketing Tips For Business
4. Verify If The Niches Are Popular Or NotYou can't follow the interest of people searching on internet, so you need to target your audience and then think the main topics. For this you must need to know the interest of the people that are going to like your site/blog. To know how many people are searching for your keywords you must run the keywords throught your Google Analytics to find out the exact number users who searching for related keyowrds and topics. You can then use these tagtics to compare different topics. Blogging actually runs in the law of supply and demand. If you are supplying what is in demand then only you can attain the desired success in blogging. There are lots of topic on internet on which people spend lot of time to read.
5. Look Out the CompetitionIf you choosing a popular niche and want to be successful in it than you must be ready to face competition. If you want to find your competitors, then search for the major known popular keywords from the keyword list and check out the sites/blogs that correspond to you. With thte help of this method you can find two important things; one is the popularity of the niches and other one is the presence and demand of competition of each area.
6. What is the Competition Neglecting?One of the fact that there are millions of bloggers around and looking for the most popular topic for blogging most of the blogger make a mistake of selecting popular topic without checking the competition for a particular topic. This may effect the success of your blog. In such a situation some less popular topics with less competition can be taken and they come-out as good earners. You have the advantage of flexibility and can position your blog very quickly to fill a gap in the niche that you might observe – in doing so you create a sub-niche within the larger topic.
7. Concentrate on the content of your blogBefore you start writing make sure that you have enough content to make you post reading or not. Blogging is to create a resource bank for the reader. The popularity of the subject will not led you to success, before publishing it on you blog study well on the topic otherwise the the reader may log out from your blog due to lack of information they might turn down every time.
8. Find Out Market SegmentationLet's say if your blog has numerous of popular keywords for your shortlisted topics, then find out how to segmented the each market is. Best method is to separate audience based on their interestes and then send them a customized targeted updates to get more readers.
For example, If you like to blog about "Online Games, then look for how many people are searching "Online Games" or "Download Online Games". If more and more people are searching for related keywords then there is a good chance of getting a more targeted taffic on same category.
9. Fine Further Tunning of Your Short ListI recommend you to creat a seperate list of columns with your each Niche Topics, who knows when you required to start another blog on different topics.
10. Follow Selected Niche Blogs on Social SitesOnce you've done with your niche list, make sure to follow them all on social sites and monitor them on socail and subscribe to their updates. Once you came to know their ideas and keywords, then pick those niche to start your blog.
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).