Mar 5, 2012
7 Ways To Improve Your Blog Alexa Ranking
Alexa ranking is one of the most important criteria where thousands of blogs get indexed in different search engines. Every time a post get published Alexa and Google checks the popularity and uniqueness of the post, content and then assigns a valuable ranking to site based on the content.
In order to improve Alexa ranking, I have gathered and discovered some important tips, secrets and proven strategies from the internet to improve Alexa ranking within the top 100,000 by applying these techniques.
I have summarized the 7 proven strategies that I’ve discovered and applied to my own blog to improve my Alexa ranking, currently my blog Alexa rank under 85K. Apply these techniques to your site and see your ranking climb towards the top.
1. Install Alexa ToolbarAs I discussed above that blog ranking is based on the user behavior at your site (i.e. number of visitors). Alexa only counts those users who visit your site with Alexa ranking toolbar installed on their browsers and those who do not have Alexa ranking toolbar installed will not help their ranking. Alexa toolbar is free and anyone can download and install it on their browsers and then toolbar automatically tracks the sites you’re visiting. So, download the Alexa toolbar and visit your blog everyday to improve your ranking. Alexa also offers the ability to co-brand the toolbar with your blog logo. With Alexa toolbar you will get lots of benefits like you can view statistics of blog or website easily and also it will help in boosting your ranking, even you can add Alexa ranking widget to blog and start browsing with installed Alexa toolbar and encourage your readers to add their positive feedback's on Alexa’s detailed listings page for your website this can be achieved by placing a proper Alexa page on your site and asking readers to “Click here to rate this website”.
2. Write Great PostsThis is one of the most and much discussed topic so far, how to focus on wiring great quality articles. How could search engines know that the post content is good or bad? Well, let me tell you that there is an algorithm for this by Google which always checks and keeps the track of quality articles and delivers high traffic to those blogs and plagiarized blogs simply ignored by search engines and those blog will lose traffic and their rankings. When you write quality posts like howto's or something else which is more useful and where most people search for it, you will receive a positive response from the people. The user must response to greatness or quality of the posts. Learn how to write quality posts by reading below article..
3. Choose Correct KeywordWhile writing quality articles, you must keep in mind that keywords, anchor and image alt texts are quite important. As search engines can only understand text, hence forth before you start writing articles research your competition and view their Meta tags to see which keywords they are using. This is a one of the great way to note down the list of important used keywords for your type of blog and then add it to your blog, or you can also use Google Keyword tool to find out important keywords.
4. Increase TrafficIncreasing your search engine traffic to your blog, indirectly helps your Alexa ranking. Google search engine traffic and unique visitors are both very important aspects. If you have a high website traffic, automatically your site Alexa ranking also improved. In this case, I recommend you to read following articles, in order to improve high volume of traffic to your sites.
5 Best Ways To Increase Website Traffic
Ways To Increase High Traffic To Your Blog
Increase Blog Traffic With Image Tagging
Redirect Google Image Search Traffic To Blogs
Increase Blog Traffic With Social Bookmarking
5. Get Quality LinksBuilding quality links to your blog is as important as writing quality posts. Search engines refer backlinks as individual links hence all links, linking back to your site are accounted for. But Alexa works different way, no matter how many backlinks you get from a site, its treated as only one link back from that site. For example, if you have 100 links from a well known site, but Alexa count its a single link back to your site. So, you need to work hard to get lot of quality backlinks from different known sites. One of the best way to receive high quality backlinks by submitting your blog posts to all social networking sites.
6. CommentingIt is very important that you must interact with other bloggers and blogger communities and comment on different posts of others and reply back to them. If you give positive feedback's on their posts, the same you will receive from them. This way you can build your site reputation and readership.
7. Blog PromotionLast but not the least, blog promotion is always one of the best thing to promote new posts. Share your posts on all social networking sites as much as you can, who knows might your friends find it too interesting and might he shares with others too and so on. This way you can increase your blog popularity and traffic.
Follow and apply these all above easy techniques to improve your blog Alexa ranking and quality backlinks. The more search engine traffic means much better Alexa ranking and much better readership of the blog means building the quality brand of the blog. Please share your opinions using comment form below.... Happy Blogging.:)
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).