Nov 9, 2011
6 Effective Blog Promotion Techniques
1. Submitting Your Blog To Blog DirectoriesTo increase the visibility of your blog, there is a onetime effort i.e. submitting you blog to various blog directories. Many of these will also need you to add your RSS URL via which they will extract and present your blog to their readers. As for content aggregators, some would want you to manually update each time when you upload new content while others opt for the automatic way. You can anytime update these things in your blog settings.
2. Add feed and RSSYour loyal visitors who read your content on a regular basis are known as Feed or RSS subscribers. If you want to have a lot of RSS subscribers and achieve that big number you’ll need to put up the RSS subscription button on your blog. The button should be easily noticeable by your readers if they want to subscribe. Recommended places would be top right corner in the sidebar or at the end of an interesting post.
3. Share Blog Posts On Social SitesYes you can use your extra long friend list to increase your blog popularity as well. Introduce your blog link by posting a new blog post on your wall or writing it on your info page. This content shared will be visible on to all your friends who’ll share it with their friends and hence make it go viral. Famous social networking sites would be
- Add Facebook Like button to share all your posts and content with Facebook friends.
- Add Twitter fan box to allow your visitors to follow you via twitter without leaving your site.
- Create Google+ Rss Feed and Create Google+ Fan Page for your blog.
4. Link Blog URL In Email SignatureWe all send mails daily, don’t we? Wouldn’t it be great if below your thanks and regards and your credentials you add your blog post link. It looks professional on one hand and even attracts the receiver’s attention. You can even track the number of visitors if you are using Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo mail who came in by clicking the link provided on your email.
5. Participate In Blogs and ForumsIt is normal human tendency to look at the people who have an opinion about your work. This can also be used as a technique to promote your blog. Find all the blogs in your niche, read their content and give in your feedback. They would actually come back and look who you are if your comments appeal to them. Also while posting your comment, so a smart thing by adding your blog link as a signature. This will help the viewers easily reach you and your blog too.
6. Make Your Blog SEO FriendlyThe most important thing you need to keep in mind for your blog to be visible is to make it easily searchable. To begin with do keyword research using Google keyword tool and write content on topics that are highly searched. Then litter your blog post with those keywords keeping in mind your topic and content. Also categorize and tag your blog post well using relevant tags and under appropriate categories. This Search Engine Optimization technique will be a sure shot hit to increase your blog views.
Read more on Search Engine Optimization
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).