Oct 7, 2011
5 Top Linux Games Of 2011
1. SuperTuxKartSuperTuxKart is a Free 3D kart multi racing game. See the great lighthouse or drive through the sand and visit the pyramids. Race underground or in space, watching the stars passing by. Have some rest under the palms on the beach. But don't eat the bananas! Watch for bowling balls, plungers, bubble gum and cakes thrown by opponents. You can do a single race against other karts, compete in one of several Grand Prix, try to beat the high score in time trials on your own, play battle mode against your friends, and more.
SuperTuxKart Features :
- Over 20 tracks and battle arenas.
- Split-screen multiplayer support.
- Many game modes like: Grand Prix, Single Race, Time Trial and 3 Strikes Battles.
- Funny characters.
- Runs on GNU/Linux, Windows, MacOSX, FreeBSD, Solaris.
SuperTuxKart Screenshot :
SuperTuxKart Gameplay :
2. Alien Arena 2011Alien Arena 2011 is a free online first person shooter game was introduced in 2004. It was released by ID software based on source code. Alien Arena downloaded more than 1 million times since the release. It is the only game with good graphics which runs on Linux platform.
Alien Arena 2011 is the latest version with some good new features which includes ragdoll physics using the Open Dynamics physics engine, GNU Auto-tools for installation on Linux/Unix/MaxOS and a number of bug fixes from the previous versions.
Alien Arena 2011 Features :
- Ragdoll physics using the Open Dynamics physics engine.
- Revamped in-game IRC client.
- GNU Auto Tools for Linux/Unix/MacOS installation.
- True Type Font support.
- Two brand new maps, one revamped map.
- New music by renowned musician Paul Joyce.
- Bug-fixes, tweaks, and much more!
Alien Arena 2011 Gameplay :
Download Alien Arena 2011 : Linux | Ubuntu
3. Urban TerrorUrban Terror is a free multiplayer first person shooter developed by FrozenSand, that (thanks to the ioquake3-code) does not require Quake III Arena anymore. It is available for Windows, Linux and Macintosh. The current version is 4.1.1.
Urban Terror can be described as a Hollywood tactical shooter; somewhat realism based, but the motto is "fun over realism". This results in a very unique, enjoyable and addictive game.
Urban Terror Screenshot :
Urban Terror Gameplay :
Download Urban Terror : Linux | Ubuntu
4. 0 A.D0 A.D. is a open source and free cross-platform game with real time strategy of ancient warfare. It is a historically based war game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of Western civilizations, focusing on the years between 500 B.C. and 500 A.D. The game has good 3D graphics, sound and power custom-built game engine. This games was developed by Wildfire Games (WFG), a group of volunteers. This games was released under GNU license, and the source code of the data available for free under GNU.
0 A.D Screenshot :
0 A.D Gameplay :
Download 0 A.D : Linux | Ubuntu
5. MinecraftMinecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. At night monsters come out, make sure to build a shelter before that happens. It is a 3D sandbox game, where players must try and survive in a randomly generated world. In order to do this, you must build tools, construct buildings/shelters and harvest resources. If you're still curious then do check out the best minecraft structures created by addicted players from around the world. Minecraft is still under heavy development but when finished, will retail at 20 Euros. For the moment, the game can be pre-purchased and played as a beta for 14.95 Euros. So, far 3,712,077 people bought the game.
Minecraft Screenshot :
Minecraft Gameplay :
Buy Minecraft : Play Minecraft | Download
About : Ravi Saive
Simple Word a Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Because it is usually free and allow me do geeky stuff such as Programming and Scripting with CLI (Command Line Interface).